The aliens have officially invaded Fortnite and the map without a doubt looks like Doomsday has arrived. Their mothership can be seen in the sky and these invaders have left their mark all over the map. They’ve made it clear to everyone that they are here to stay. Paintings of aliens and markings have been stamped on buildings, grounds, fields, and even the sand. In fact, various locations have either been renamed or remodeled entirely.
Got no time to explore the entire Fortnite map on your own, but curious about all of the changes? We’ve got you covered. Here’s our Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 7 Map Guide.
New Points of Interests in Fortnite‘s Battle Royale Island and how to get Slone’s Pulse Rifle
- Believer Beach – Formerly known as “Sweaty Sands”, Believer Beach received lots of alien decorations, sand circles, and alien-themed bounce pads around the area. It practically looks like an alien-style beach party now. It’s not the most out of place looking location. It just feels like some streamer decided to hold an alien-themed beach party. No biggie.
- Corny Complex – This new Fortnite POI is quite interesting. The location is pretty much another rendition of Frenzy Farm and Colossal Crops. The twist is that this time around it is infested with hostile NPCs. You’ll notice a big red barn with its interior that resembles an evil lair. In fact, the barn actually has a dungeon area showing shades of Chapter 2 Season 5. In the dungeon, you’ll be fighting Doctor Slone and her clones. Once you kill her, you’ll be rewarded with the “Slone’s Pulse Rifle”, the newest Mythic weapon in the game.
Added Elements on the Island
- Payphones – This old school machinery makes its debut in Fortnite‘s Invasion Season. The payphones are scattered all over the map and serve as something similar to a quest board. Be sure to check them out each time you fight the aliens.
- UFOs – What makes the Invasion Season fun and chaotic is the addition of UFOs. Before, players had to be super lucky to get a close encounter of the third kind. Players now have the opportunity to get a taste of what being a galactic invader is like. May it be shooting lazer beams, or abducting random players on the island, this alienating experience is something you do not want to miss out on.
- Running Llamas – Initially, we thought we were seeing a player using the “Giddy-Up” skin. But apparently, Loot Llamas are now alive in Fortnite. These llamas are dropping loot and running around in random parts of the map. It’s a mind-blowing experience if you see them for the first time.
- Upgrade Bench – Let’s give a warm welcome to this ol’ bench. Back then, for players to upgrade their weapons, the Upgrade Bench required materials depending on the rarity of the upgrade. This time, it requires gold bars.
- Vending Machines – The Vending Machines have also made their return. Just like the Upgrade Bench, back then it required you to exchange materials, now you’ll be needing to exchange gold bars.
- Satellite Dish Areas – If you notice the dark areas on the map that aren’t necessarily POIs, then it’s most likely a Satellite Dish Area. They’re swarmed by IO Guards for you to kill and loot for unique weapons.
- Purple Stained Areas – Initially, we thought that anti-gravity rocks were back. Apparently these stained areas look like “infected” areas. Some trees and parts of the grass have turned purple, while other tree bunks have formed into some kind of galactic tree.
Now that the island is full of intruders who have brought their galactic culture to Fortnite, the Invasion Season’s map has become one of, if not the most, interactive maps. The invaders are here! Have fun hunting down aliens with or without your friends. Just be careful of getting abducted!